Saturday 11 September 2010

Dexters' eyesight


It's taken 14 months of attempted (and failed) eye tests for the orthoptist to decide Dexy is very short-sighted. He thinks Dexy could be up to minus 4 already and could end up as minus 9! His Scooby Doo glasses are on order, but, he wouldn't even let the lady at Specsavers put them on him or take measurements so I can't see him wearing them. Makes me even more concerned about his chronic climbing now that I know he can't see properly as well! There goes another sigh : (((

3 comments:

  1. I'm sighing with you! It's so frustrating to have one more thing that makes life difficult for him. No wonder he is so into exploring and mouthing things.

    Have been reading a fab book called the out of sync child. All about sensory processing disorder. Helpful when I'm thinking about mikey but it's also made me think of dexy at times too. Will read more and let you know. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alice, let me know if it's worth reading, knowledge is power and all that! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowledge is flipping knackering too! Need to hire a brain while mine has a little sleep! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete